Working from home these days is slowly becoming the new normal. With the recent virus threat, majority of businesses have sent their employees home to work from a more safe and comfortable space. However, when working from home, employees don’t have access to some of the hardware needed to conduct business effectively on a daily business. They are also scrambling to set-up an in-home office to create a productive and reliable workspace.
Integrated Computer Consulting or ICC has seen an influx over the last week for remote phone systems as more people are working from home. Voice over IP or VoIP phone systems use the internet and not a traditional phone line, so you can access to your office’s phone system anywhere with an internet connection. VoIP systems have many benefits that allow you to continue to work remotely and conduct business as usual. The benefits include:
- Setting up a fully functional phone system in less than a day.
- Installing the computer application and mobile application allows employees to make and receive calls through their computer or cellphone app without revealing their cellphone number.
- Voicemail can be sent to email as an audio file or transcription.
- The ability to set up a custom call flow.
- Calls can be parked or transferred.
- Calls can be recorded if you wish to do so.
- Instant messaging and video conferencing (up to 50 users) allows for an easier way to communicate with our employees and hold meetings.
- Once you are back in your office, the same configurations can be set but with the use of a new desk phone.
- Compliant with HIPAA.
VoIP or remote phone systems are an easy way to keep your employees connected and to keep your company doing business. Now through June 30, 2020, Polycom is offering a $35/phone rebate when you purchase more than 5 phones. If you are looking for more information on remote phone systems or VoIP, call ICC at 970.419.0602 or email us today at [email protected].